After reading this article on the effects of digital reading yesterday, I considered writing a book-length post with no hyperlinks, photos, sidebars, or other distractions.
Instead, I will take the risk of uploading content that may further your descent into becoming a Twitter-brain. It could also contain the antidote to your unchecked malady.
So without further ado, here are three reasons why this post is better than most posts:
1. It’s short. No long-winded meanderings today.
2. It’s headed by a photo of a cheerful daffodil, which means spring has come to the northern hemisphere.
3. It ends with excellent advice: Do something analog today, and don’t come back until you do.
- Go outside and dance in the sunshine (or rain).
- Read a flesh-and-blood paper book.
- Wash the dishes.
- Sweep the porch.
- De-clutter your junk drawer.
- Draw a picture (or a doodle).
- Hug someone.
Now wasn’t that the best post ever?